Igloos with kids

Use this forum for family igloo building trips and photo's.
Ben
Igloos with kids

Post by Ben » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:40 am

I have been building igloos with the ICEBOX since 2004. I started with Boy Scouts but found they only like to do things once. This winter I made an igloo with my own kids. I was surprised to find out they enjoy it more than scouts do. It must be that girls have a better attention span. Anyway, I found this to be a great side activity for a trip to the snow. My boys sled most of the day and my girls (ages 11 & 14) worked on the igloo. It kept everyone entertained. They built most of if themselves and another girl in the play area joined them. They loved it when it was done and we all sat in it when the wind started to blow. Now it is summer and these SoCal temps have us dreaming of cool weather. Last night at dinner everyone talked about actually sleeping in an igloo next winter. We'll be back next winter with another report. Ben
Attachments
snow-fresno 027.jpg
My two girls and a recruit working away by themselves
snow-fresno 039.jpg
Finished! Its nice to get out of the cold wind and enjoy our warm igloo

Igloo Ed

Re: Igloos with kids

Post by Igloo Ed » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:28 am

Ben wrote:This winter I made an igloo with my own kids. I was surprised to find out they enjoy it more than scouts do.
Welcome to the forums, Ben. I'm glad to see you continue to have fun with the igloo tool.